• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Very Good! Отлично! Ótimo! Roberto
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Amazing.

posted by Lihtsaltjobu on 06/24/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I have to say that price is most definitely one. Just a bit over 50€'s through PayPal when I could've gotten it for 95€ from a local seller. For a beginner photographer like me, it was not even a question.

The amount of functionality it provides for the cost is also wonderful. I haven't had a chance to really test the slave modes or the multi mode aside from just messing around with them, but the potential is great.

The construction is fantastic. Everything feels extremely solid and nothing seems loose anywhere.

Cons:

It's fully manual, but come on, it's 50€. Getting a P/E/whatever-TTL flash for this price is ludicrous. So this really isn't a con for me.

The locking mechanism seems a bit fiddly. The ring closes good enough, but the locking pin doesn't align with the spot on the hotshoe on a Pentax K-r, so it wobbles from side to side a bit and with enough force you could pull it out of the hotshoe. If you plan to photograph in extreme conditions where sudden and very rough movements may affect your camera, be sure to check whether the pin aligns correctly before, otherwise the flash might just fly off.
    Not really a con for me, but something to look out for.

The screen isn't viewable at some angles so if you plan on using it off camera, consider this.

OtherThoughts:

The shipping took 3 months. Which is pretty absurd to me. I contacted DX and they asked me to wait a bit more. I ended up checking twice a day whether or not it had arrived anywhere in the country.
    So, I was pretty annoyed by that, but all the more happier when it finally made it.

Bottomline:

So, you want to get into flash photography? A must buy, in that case.

Already deep in flash photography? There are better alternatives out there.

Otherwise? A fantastic value overall.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections