• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Powerfull powersuply for many purposes

posted by lasermanathome on 11/13/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I know this kind of powersupplies in 24 and 48VDC
    This type 12-15V 30A is new for me but as good and reliable as the other ones, wich power up lasers (CO2 and Argon-ion).
    So the quality must be perfect, those lasers are very expensive .

This 12V type can be set on 15 VDC and is very
    suitable to work with/load Lead gel accu batteries.

It is however stable enough to run oscillators and other systems wich are difficult to feed.
    That's why I used lead batteries and recharged them afterwards, because a very expensive lab-powersupply was destroyed.

This powersupply however is powerfull and stable enough even to deliver the oscillator the power direct, even without the use of the leadbattery as buffer.

So, for me a lot easier and because this powersupply can be set in a relatively large range, I could optimize my setup.

Cons:

NONE

OtherThoughts:

They can be connected to each other in serie when earth is not used (floating supply)
    When use in parallel, diodes are strongly advised.

As I told before, the same manufacturer delivers the same supply with other voltages.
    450 Watts output with high efficiency (the fan does not work often) in a small case makes it easy to build bigger projects, Transformers are old school for me now.

Bottomline:

Perfect buy.
    I don't know how the types with lower power are but this one is a first choice.

Even if you do not need the high current, the quality versus the price is very good.
    I prefer this type.
    I have more (much more) than 10 of these supply's in use (with other voltages) and not one has given up in the past 5 years I've used them.

That tells me a lot.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections