DX » Community » Reviews » MR5 USB Micro SD / TF Card Reader w/ Cell Phone Strap (Max. 64GB / Random Color)
  • 5 star 19 ( 86% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 14% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byH3rm3s on 04/21/2014

Very small, but useable product. It does work with my 32gb class10 sd card flawlessly! Not sure about the USB speed, but I only have USB 2.0 where it worked just fine. If you don't have like a USB 3 external drive of something, it should be nice as anything else. I even tried it with our TV and it worked just fine with that as well. The cap could be ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjakob27 on 11/05/2013

Really-really tiny-tiny. You can truly just plug it to your computer and then forget about it. And it works out-of-box with both windows and linux. It has a nice blue led glowing through the white case when in use. The plastic where the strip is supposed to attach was broken during delivery. As a result there is really no gripping space and it is really ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byxonemark on 10/14/2013

Firstly, it just plain works. It's tiny and even comes with a little strap that I use to keep it on my keychain. this has become more than just a card reader, it's now my main flash drive since I almost always keep my 16GB micro SD card in it now. Even the cap fits tightly on the USB prong which will help protect the device for the long term. Absolutely ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMyrdhin87 on 09/27/2013

Its really a great little thing this card reader, reads my 32GB card very fast. I've always got one on my key chain with a spare SD-card in it. I bought a couple to always have these everywhere. The plastic where the wire is attached is quite thin and I broke it while pulling it a bit too hard when trying to get it out of the USB port. As long as you ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrighteousrob on 08/11/2013

Durable, The chip easily is inserted and removed from the card reader. The cap covers the usb connector keeping dust out and preventing it from being damaged. You are able to access the micro sd card while the adapter is still inserted in the machine (although it would be ill advised to do so) None that I can think of. I've had to buy 6 or 7 so far ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byice42 on 05/23/2013

- It looks nice. - It works well. - Tested with 8GB MicroSD card. - There is a small lanyard to pull them out. - The color and printing are nice. Mine was white with silver/gray printing. - There is a cap to protect the USB connector. - The plastic is good quality. - The case is rigid and feels like a good quality product. - It is really small and compact.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypillarsdotnet on 03/24/2013

Seems solidly-built and well-made. Compared to the the Elagile Nano II I purchased from Amazon (See http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HGFKR8) * The Elago includes an ejector button; the MR5 does not. * The MR5 seems sturdier. * With the Elago, it is easy to partially-eject the card by accident when inserting or removing the adapter. The MR5 doesn'... Read more

0 0
  • posted byivandim on 03/04/2013

Long time I looked Micro SD card reader for my SONY car radio. This one SKU: 125517 work fine. This little reader is exactly what I needed! Many other like SKU: 21802(don't work at all) and SKU: 51115(work some monts) was unusable. I`m tested it with 2GB, 4GB and 16GB Micro SD cards and all is OK ! Nothing at all. Product works exactly as advertised,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrodrigodki on 02/21/2013

Very small, only the size of a usb port versus the card size. Really Plug and Play. Useful strap to put with your keys. The card is firmly inside, so no worries about losing the SD card. None. Made a 2 hour stress test with 2 cards: a Samsung 2GB class 4 and Transcend 16gb class 10. Worked fine on both with great speed (4mb/s on first, 11mb/s on second)... Read more

Comparing to a SD Card
    0 0
  • posted byrgroliveira on 02/20/2013

Beautiful, fast and small. The connector attaches well to the computer's USB connector. The drive is automatically recognized by Windows operating system. Can be hung on a keychain and unobtrusive. It has a beautiful blue LED display access. The cap falls easily, not holding very firm. It has good performance with SDHC chips, is moderate. Small, fast,... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections