Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
+ Has dual power - it allows to use it at home and in a car.
+ Has two independent channels - it allows to charge batteries mixed in size and capacity.
+ Has a long power cord.
+ Has a standard AC power socket - such cables are available at practically any electronics store.
- Has no instructions at all!!! So only 4 stars for "Ease-of-use". Also an absence of an user-manual in Russian is a violation of Russian law (I am in Russia). Of course I will NOT complain about it to the authorities but there are people who can do it. So I hope that manuals in different languages will be included in the future batches of this product.
- Has an US plug so if you are in Europe you will have to buy a cable at a local store or use SKU.3529 (be careful - not every device with US plug can be plugged into 220V socket!!!).
- Has no DC power cord to the cigarette lighter socket for using in a car (but if you know how to use a soldering iron it is not a problem for you).
- The DC power socket is quite small - such socket is used in 5V DC wall adapters (I own a such adapter) but none of my 12V DC wall adapters has a such small plug. So I had to change a DC socket of this charger for a bigger one.
- Has no MOV (metal-oxyde varistor) inside and even has no place for it! So only 3 stars for "Build Quality". I've soldered a MOV - to do it desolder anodes of D3 and D4 diodes, increase two holes and solder anodes of D3 and D4 and a MOV into the increased holes. In Russia where in small towns electricians don't care much with a zero wire overvoltage (260-280V or higher) is a common practice so MOV is REQUIRED. I hope that TrustFire would correct the PCB desigh and would install MOVs in future batches of this charger.
If you need a charger for 3.7-4.2V lithiym batteries, 3.0V lithium batteries are not in use in your circumstances and you know how to use a soldering iron I recommend this one.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.