Customer’s impression:
Satisfied Happy
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cheap and useful but requires applying hands

posted by ClientSberbanka on 10/03/2010
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

+ Cheap.

+ Compact.

+ Has dual power - it allows to use it at home and in a car.

+ Has two independent channels - it allows to charge batteries mixed in size and capacity.

+ Has a long power cord.

+ Has a standard AC power socket - such cables are available at practically any electronics store.

Cons:

- Has no instructions at all!!! So only 4 stars for "Ease-of-use". Also an absence of an user-manual in Russian is a violation of Russian law (I am in Russia). Of course I will NOT complain about it to the authorities but there are people who can do it. So I hope that manuals in different languages will be included in the future batches of this product.

- Has an US plug so if you are in Europe you will have to buy a cable at a local store or use SKU.3529 (be careful - not every device with US plug can be plugged into 220V socket!!!).

- Has no DC power cord to the cigarette lighter socket for using in a car (but if you know how to use a soldering iron it is not a problem for you).

- The DC power socket is quite small - such socket is used in 5V DC wall adapters (I own a such adapter) but none of my 12V DC wall adapters has a such small plug. So I had to change a DC socket of this charger for a bigger one.

- Has no MOV (metal-oxyde varistor) inside and even has no place for it! So only 3 stars for "Build Quality". I've soldered a MOV - to do it desolder anodes of D3 and D4 diodes, increase two holes and solder anodes of D3 and D4 and a MOV into the increased holes. In Russia where in small towns electricians don't care much with a zero wire overvoltage (260-280V or higher) is a common practice so MOV is REQUIRED. I hope that TrustFire would correct the PCB desigh and would install MOVs in future batches of this charger.

Bottomline:

If you need a charger for 3.7-4.2V lithiym batteries, 3.0V lithium batteries are not in use in your circumstances and you know how to use a soldering iron I recommend this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections