DX » Community » Reviews » Wireless Weather Station w/ Alarm Clock / Calendar / Barometer / Hygrometer / Thermometer
  • 5 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works, just not 100% accurate...

posted by mrzaka on 09/20/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This weather station has a nice big screen on the main unit. It has big numbers/symbols that makes it easy to view from our couch when watching tv.
    I'm currently using it to monitor the temperature in our livingroom (the inside-temp via main unit) and our baby's room (the "outdoor"-unit).
    The signal is updated every 45 seconds from the remote unit, and it also has a display on it, so if you are outside, close to it, you can check the temp on the transmitter, and save yourself the trouble of going inside to check the temp outside. small pro, but I'll mention it.

Cons:

The biggest con for me is the temperature on the remote unit is not correct. If i put a different weatherstation next to the remote unit and leave them for a few hours, the remote unit is showing a higher temperature (warmer) than the weatherstation. (have a weatherstation with a broken transmitter...ergo, can compare temps...)
    But just to be sure, i put the weatherstations (new and old) AND the remote transmitter next to each other, switching places between them every now and then, and the whole testperiod the remote transmitter is showing between 1 and 1,5 degrees wrong (too high).

OtherThoughts:

The package included a mounting bracket for the remote unit, witch is nice to have for those of you mounting it on the outside.
    Check the manual before putting in batteries, because if you don't you might have to set up the weatherstation over againd due to sync-problems between the units.

you need a screwdriver for the remote unit, when mounting battery, but not for the main unit. The main unit also has a stand/foot that works just fine when you have a shelf or somewhere to place the unit.

Bottomline:

Ok product for the price, though I'm not 100% satisfied with the temperature error...
    Guess as long as you know that it's off by 1 degree, it's ok?! But shouldn't be like that!
    Considered RMA, but OH LORD the hassle for a mezly 1 degree... ;)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections