Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byAmokka on 02/27/2014

Good and compact little module. Stable voltage even at currents above 2,8A. Easy to adjust voltage quite precisely using the multi turn trim pot. 0,02V seems not to be a problem. It doesn't get excessively hot. None, really. A few holes in the PCB for mounting would have been nice, but double sided foam-tape works nicely too. You won´t regret having ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytiec01 on 11/18/2013

Quality components and does not run too hot. Output is very stable. Its a small form factor module and for the price you pay you cannot really do it yourself. The voltage ajustment screw is not tight enough for shocky environments. I use it in a offroad car and sometimes its a bumpy ride. I use this module in my car to power 2 usb ports that i have ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzimmund on 11/13/2013

The LM2596 is an excellent IC. The output is quite steady and clean. I'm using it with a pack of batteries to feed servos (5V) and the output remains around the same voltage throughout the life of the batteries. It may have a slight variation, but it's ok for common electronics. My unit came with a broken potentiometer. I desoldered the original and ... Read more

0 1
  • posted bystefanof on 10/28/2013

Efficient device with small form factor, looks like having good components It is a bit heavy (used on a RC model, so this is relative) and maybe a static voltage selector or a "lock" on the tuning bolt could help to avoid changing settings after tuning. Get a bit hot but depends upon usage scenarios. Reasonable price for a good tool, used ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygeneralsimpsoid on 10/24/2013

I used this in my Arduino project to reduce a 12 volt power circuit down to 10V. Worked perfectly and doesn't get very hot. Components are simple and well made. No manufacturing flaws None to report. Worked well in my circuit. Some pins were bent when I received it but not an issue. Could have had the voltage points (where you soldered) drilled out ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymattyfu on 09/03/2013

Easy to use, extremely handy to have around. You never know when your going to need to adjust a voltage! Great build quality. Simple to work with. Adjusting the potentiometer takes a few tries (pretty sensitive, use small movements) for me it does anyways. Go for the bulkrate and stock up, once you have them you'll start seeing applications for it all ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPquang on 08/24/2013

The module is inexpensive, but is very well built. It is super useful. I used it to build an iDevice charger by using a Nikon EN-EL3e 7.4V battery, and by adding 2 voltage dividers for the data lines. I was also able to use it to step down the voltage from car battery to power Raspberry Pi, a USB hub, and several other USB devices. none at all When ... Read more

Fast-charging iPhone Modified with voltage dividers Voltage dividers and USB ports
    0 0
  • posted byMohanad1989 on 08/04/2013

the price is very cheap, and great quality, didn't have any serious cons, increases and lowers voltage very steadily, used it to control the voltage coming from a 24v power supply to a wiper motor, worked great. there is one small con, is that you need to turn the bolt a lot to increase and decrease the voltage it would be great if dx.com would bring ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymatthijskooij on 07/12/2013

Easy to finetune with the precision potmeter (within a few dozen millivolts) Simple to connect: two input terminals and two output terminals No extra holes in the print to attach it to somewhere (I ended up attaching them to my main print using the four input/output wires, making it "hover" above the main print, which worked well enough). ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylucaspcamargo on 06/18/2013

It is very efficient, small, simple to operate, and cheap. Seems to be made of quality components. I have used it on many occasions, and the current draw is excellent. Almost no voltage drop. It might get considerably hot, to the point it's hard to touch, but this is expected in some operating conditions. It does what it is supposed to do. The vias ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections