Customer’s impression:
Works Great! LM2596??????
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• regulator with almost no loss

posted by lasermanathome on 10/30/2012
    4 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

A very small regulator wich transforms almost any DC (between 4-40V )in an accurate outputvoltage (DC) without producing heat, so the loss must be very low.
    As an interface between systems in a complex situation, it can give that function , no other component known by me (for the same price) can.

Step-up, step down , no problem,exspecially in solarsystems the battery gets its 13.6, 14.4 or 28.8VDC out of a solarcell wich can has a voltagerange of5-25VDC.

The most interesting is that the batteries get the right voltage, so less loss by over voltage, or under voltage, the energy te solarunit provides, comes there where you want it, in the battery.

But also for other projects (led ,laser, sound etc.)
    it ie easy to provide the unit with the right voltage

Cons:

The PC itshelve can't handle current above 3A, so when you want a higher voltage out of a lower voltage source, that reduces the max current.
    So 5V 3A makes the outputcurrent less than1/2 Amp 30V out.
    For me however the unit provides in my needs.
    DO NOT switch + and --, the PC has NO polarityprotection!!

OtherThoughts:

The max efficiency and current is reached with a small differece between V in and V out

Galvanic connection between the parts STAYS, so watch out for sources with ++ 48 V above earth.

Do not use it connected to a live outlet without separation-transformer, a hazardous situation
    can easily exist without further warning

Bottomline:

DX did it again.
    This is one of the nicest PC's DX sells.
    A currentlimiter on board would be fine....

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections