Customer’s impression:
Works Great!
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great product

posted by Pquang on 08/24/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

The module is inexpensive, but is very well built. It is super useful. I used it to build an iDevice charger by using a Nikon EN-EL3e 7.4V battery, and by adding 2 voltage dividers for the data lines. I was also able to use it to step down the voltage from car battery to power Raspberry Pi, a USB hub, and several other USB devices.

Cons:

none at all

OtherThoughts:

When I adjust the pot to exact 5.0V for powering Raspberry Pi in the car, the voltage is very stable. But when I start adding other USB devices like a WiFi dongle and USB receiver, the voltage can drop to 4.8V (still not crashing RPi yet), but I was able to adjust the pot to bring it back up to 5.0V easily

Bottomline:

The product is great and super useful. I decided to skip the 7805 altogether because of the heat and inefficiency. I was very happy with the decision because this module can handle more current with no heat issue, plus I can reuse the module over and over for other projects with different voltages.

• Fast-charging iPhone
    • Modified with voltage dividers
    • Voltage dividers and USB ports

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections