Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byxtreye on 05/08/2013

Pretty cheap. Wide voltage range. Useful for constructions when you need to get several voltage levels from battery of other lager level. No reverse input voltage protection. I 've destroyed one module in a few seconds just by wiring it incorrectly by mistake. Easy workaround is to solder protective diode in parallel. Got 3 of them, tested one for cellphone ... Read more

4 0
  • posted bystamatis75 on 02/28/2013

Very small and easy to fit. Nicely built. Clearly labeled connections. Works as advertized. Could have been shipped with some power connectors installed which would make life easier. Voltage adjuster needs many turns to start acting up for different input voltages. Tested it with 18v input connected with aligator clips. Run nicely at 12v output which ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBiLaKaifa on 02/10/2013

It does what it;s supposed to be doing and it is cheap. I used it to feed a 24 channel servo driver with 5V. The original source was 18V 6A, and the average current consumption on the driver peaked at ~1.5A during the testing of some servos. The problem is that after 30-40 min the whole contraption got too hot and the unit smoked. This wouldn't have ... Read more

6 2
  • posted byHaitze on 02/10/2013

Good quality converter, high quality Pcb material with red coating and good solder quality. smal size PCB low energy loss. The default outputvoltage = 12V. You can adjust the voltage by turning the small screw on the PCB. the divice cannot deliver more than 1 Amp at max. You need to solder the wires to the board, no connectors (If you have a good solder ... Read more

4 0
  • posted byDelirioux on 01/14/2013

This module was exactly what I was looking for. In my rc planes I needed to power a little camera, so I used this device to step down the voltage. It is simple to use, easy to adjust voltage. Since I do not use it to draw a lot of current, in my case, the unit doesn't get hot. I would recommend this unit to anyone if your current requirements aren't ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNiTr0 on 09/21/2012

Cheap, small, enough powerful DC-DC convertor that is suitable for DIY projects. You can achieve up to 2A continuous current with additional heatsink. Without heatsink it becomes too hot at current near 1A; coil at 2A current is 10-15C hotter than other board/heatsink (it'll be good to use coil with lower active resistance) I use it for EeePC 1001P ... Read more

9 1
  • posted bylasermanathome on 08/07/2012

Very small unit wich makes every voltage below the input possible, with high efficiency and a good current. Produces almost no heat and is stable, within the specs of the manufacturer. A pot for regulate the currentlimiter would be nice. In that case this unit becomes an universal driver for almost every electric low voltage system. But again, the pice ... Read more

6 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections