DX » Community » Reviews » 1.0" LED Car MP3 Player Module w/ FM/ USB/Mini USB/SD/Remote Controller - Black (12V)
  • 5 star 23 ( 77% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 23% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great little mp3 player for car

posted by kulchick on 04/10/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I got this to replace a Sony CD unit in my car. Main reason is that it didn't supported line in, so I couldn't use it with mp3 players with favorite music. So I got this one, and shortly after receiving, I ordered three more. One I am using at work hooked to big old tape recorder, and other is installed in my car.
    So good points:
    1. Use 12V - work in car without adapter. I may need to stabilize that though, but it is quite good the way it is.
    2. Size - fits perfectly in ashtray of my w124 Mercedes.
    3. Have audio in for hooking mp3 players
    4. Use both USB and SD cards
    5. Clock function
    6. FM radio works good as well
    7. Screen is bright red, can seed well except in direct sunlight
    8. Remembers the last song

Cons:

1. No "Random" mode. From other point it is an advantage, now I listen to all songs in order without jumping around.
    2. Does not remember position within the song - real issue with audio books where chapter is over an hour long.
    3. Remote works only within 10 feet (3 meters), can't use it across the room.
    4. When other mp3 player is charging from USB port, there some distortions in sound, but only for first minute, after that no problem.

OtherThoughts:

I make playlists for my USB drives in Winamp, then save them, and after some editing I can print track list for reference. Song order seems to be directly related to the order they were put on USB drive.
    With the screen able to display up to 999 for track number and up to F99 for folder number USB drive sizes over 4Gb are excessive. Worked with my 8Gb Sansa e280 though.
    There are contacts that can be used to solder 5V time keeping battery.

Bottomline:

Worth the money, great for projects or to put in car.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections