Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• MP3 USB & SD Card Player Module

posted by 10462584 on 08/07/2016

Impression:Very good product;

PROS:
    Small size
    Readable display
    Very good sound quality, free of hum, buzz, or any noise other than the music content
    6-step Equalizer
    Very low price

CONS:
    Would like to see the song names on the display (scrolling or not)
    Cables should have been included
    Wiring directions should have been included
    Mounting screws should have been included

Suffering from MP3 convenience envy which I so enjoy in my Genesis sedan, I wanted something similar in my 2003 Mazda Miata without replacing the factory stereo I'm otherwise quite happy with. After seeing this MP3 player I devised a "hack of the week" by removing and pressing out the lower front somewhat "V-shaped" cover and carefully cut then removed structural ribbing on the back to make room for the MP3 module to fit. This required drilling many holes with a tiny drill bit to make removing the unwanted plastic easier. Some filing was in order to make the opening a tiny bit larger here and there. My factory stereo has a single disc CD player up top but no Tape or Mini Disc Media drive. I purchased a AuxMod Basic board and installed that in the stereo. I then wired the new MP3 player into a mini stereo male plug to go into the AuxMod input, and picked up 12 volt power from inside the stereo so when the stereo is switched off the MP3 player goes off as well. Pressing the stereo's MD/TAPE button switches to the AuxMod input for MP3 listening. The sound is fantastic CD quality. I had previously upgraded the door speakers to Pioneer coaxials and custom added Yamaha tweeters in the upper door cards, added two Pioneer triaxials in the rear shelf (still exposed with the top down), and two 6 inch 8 ohm subs directly behind each seat, and a Pioneer home theater-type dual coil sub in the trunk. The trunk sub and the behind the seat subs are driven by a Nitro 1000 watt amp that gets it's line-level input directly from the rear shelf speakers. You cannot see any of the 13 speakers (except for the two in the rear shelf) which is no small feat in a car this small but the system totally rocks! I've included a photo of my MP3-in stereo mod. I think it looks good and almost factory. I'm extremely pleased by it's performance. The MP3 player cannot skip when I hit a bump as the CD often does. I give this MP3 player nine thumbs up. The module lights up red just like the stereo and instrument panel, adding to a blended in look.

• MP3 USB & SD Card Player Module

Post comment

DX Everywhere