DX » Community » Reviews » Mystery LCD Digital Balance Charger and Discharger (1~6 Cell Lithium / 1~15 Cell NiCD/NiMH)
  • 5 star 5 ( 38% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 54% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• the real thing about it...

posted by ROgabriel on 01/26/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

ok, it's very cheap, smart, it's efficient. It's smart, charges just about anything, simple to use, i almost didn't read the manual at all and i know all it's settings. It has a lot of useful settings, protections, it's reliable, i'm charging batteries without really supervising him, even on lithiums.

Cons:

While discharching with over 1A it could appear problems. Heat. I'm using it with a 500mAh source, and usually with 4xAA, AAA, 18500, 14500 lithium batteries, so i haven't used it with powerful batteries with more than 4 cells, so i have no problems, but at 900mAh it get's pretty warm, so at 1,5A for example it could appear problems. I recomend using it in a basement for example, or adapt some fan to it, so this problem could be avoid.

OtherThoughts:

I'm using it with a "wall-plug" source of 500mAh, if i set it to charge with over 500mAh it says "Input vol error" :), also charging 8 AA's at a time it says "Input vol error", i guess it's also because of my very small source. I recomend using it with a fan cooler.

Bottomline:

It's your decision if you buy it, it's really healthy for your AA, AAA, lithium 14500, 17500 etc, more protective and efficient than usual simple chargers, it makes your batteries life last longer, meaning more cicles and keeping theyr power in time. Also with some small precautions you can use it with no other problems with alot more powerful battery packs.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections