DX » Community » Reviews » Mystery LCD Digital Balance Charger and Discharger (1~6 Cell Lithium / 1~15 Cell NiCD/NiMH)
  • 5 star 5 ( 38% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 54% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very nice charger!

posted by jgerberza on 05/27/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I was surprised how small this charger is. The LCD is clear and easy to read. I use it to charge AND discharge Lead Acid, NIMH and LI-PO. There's a couple of custom adjustments like charging time, current, capacity etc. The temperature sensor works but the plug is a bit flimsy. It accurately balances my big lipo packs of 4000mah and up... I just love to being able to charge at 2A and higher. Incl. many connectors for various applications. When charging or discharging, it also calculates the battery capacity. It censes the input voltage and low input voltage cutout can be set. High temp. cutout can also be set.

Cons:

It could be easier to operate, but after a few minutes I bacame familiar with the menu. The beeper when pressing the keys were distorting, but could be disabled in the menu. The buttons are a bit hard to press and have a loose feel + they are really noisy when pressed.

OtherThoughts:

I've used this charger the last 3 days to charge a few li-po 11.1v 4000mah and 5000mah packs and tested the discharging function too. I had no problems but only time will tell how reliable it will be in the long run.

Bottomline:

This is very good value for money. It's small, doesn't use a noisy cooling fan and does the job accurately. Recommended!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections