Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Works for guitar, not really for bass; decent tune

posted by jumpfroggy on 04/10/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Works well/quickly, doesn't have trouble tracking note. Clips easily to guitar, blocks out background noise. Very small, bright enough, easy to see when clipped to headstock.

Cons:

Does not work with bass.

OtherThoughts:

I actually really like this tiny little tuner. It doesn't seem overly intonation-sensitive (ie. it's easy to get the middle green light to come on); that said, I'm very picky about tuning and have not had any problems with the accuracy so far. I love how easy it is to clip on, tune w/o sound, and then play. Could leave it clipped on if you wanted. I'm disappointed it doesn't work well with bass, since that's my primary instrument.

However: you can tune bass using 12th-fret harmonics. It seems to track decently using that method, so I still end up doing this.

Bottomline:

If it worked with bass, I'd give it 5 stars. For guitar-only players, this is a very nice little gadget to have in the case. You might not even use larger/better tuners, since this is so easy. Recommended.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections