• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Be careful during Assembly

posted by RDCES on 07/23/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This case (especially the red portion) looks quite nice. The kit came complete with screws and both a top and bottom screen bezel. I was able to mix some of my original (white) parts with this case to customize it. (I like the white buttons on the black lower half)

Cons:

The upper case construction is pretty good. Somewhat hard to get the little rubber lid bumpers in place but everything assembled nicely. The lower case however is not the quality of a genuine case. The plastic parts are not double molded (buttons have painted on letters) and the fit of the parts is not good. It took me a few minutes of scraping over molding from the areas around the power switch slot to even get it to slide freely. Also, some of the parts (the screw on hinge portion for one) are actually a jade green plastic that has been spray painted black. Some of which was missed on the mentioned part. There was clear plastic power/charge lens.

OtherThoughts:

I have over the past couple of months been buying broken ds's on ebay and piecing together working systems for my family. I am familiar with the build of the Genuine cases and the lower portion of this is definitely not up to that level of quality.

Bottomline:

+1 Stock part can be used with it.

+1 Upper portion looks great

-1 Cheap painted pieces for some parts

-1 Lower case not a clean mold had left overs that needed cleaned up.

Overall worth the money especially if you have a black DS already and just want the red top.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections