There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Handy gadget, works really well

posted by stephenpstanley on 10/13/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Good value unit, installed in my car and works reliably.

Good range from the remote trigger

Cons:

The unit comes witout any instructions. It seems quite simple to operate so this is not a real problem, if you are reasonably experienced at wiring things together

It only comes with one remote trigger, it would be good to have the option to have a second one.

There is very little space inside the box. I've wired up two channels of the four and struggled to get the box screwed back together with the PCB inside. If you wire up all four, it might be very difficult indeed

I would not recommend this to be used for remote door opener or engine start circuits as there are no details of what encryption there is on the signal. It might be easy to compromise

OtherThoughts:

The switch is only a momentary latch - if you want to use it to switch something on and for the item to stay on, then you need to add additional circuitry.

The relays on the board are rated at 15A so it might be possible to use it for more than the 5A that the switch is rated at, but the tracks in the circuit board are quite small so it might not be wise!

Bottomline:

Works really well in the car that I have installed it in. I'd certainly use it again if I had a similar requirement

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections