Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• You will love this heli!!!

posted by rsmith22 on 11/17/2013
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Being a 4 channel, This is an excellent helicopter for the beginner who intends to move on to larger, more complex heli's. It will let you learn how to fly heli's and coordinate controls for a very low cost, including replacement parts...which, after probably more than 200 crashes (most minor and some at high speed into the wall or concrete floor) has only cost 2 tail motors (flew into the wall sideways). I have yet to use the parts that come with it. This thing just flexes and bounces back.

Cons:

Cold solder joints. For me they are a nuisance but for others they could end the fun before it begins.

OtherThoughts:

Because of the cold solder joints, I needed to disassemble the transmitter and resolder the power wire, then open the charger and resolder the power plug. I also resoldered the antenna on the heli even though it didn't seem to be a problem.
    You will need a fine tip soldering iron, fine solder, and maybe a magnifying glass to fix them. You are looking for dull gray solder connections as opposed to the shiny ones that are good. Be careful not to use to much solder, remove parts (to much heat) or create solder bridges.
    If you need to replace the tail motor, the wires will fit back inside the boom.

Bottomline:

You can't go wrong with this heli!
    get some spare tail motors and the 5 extra batteries and you're set :-)

I have nearly used up all of the lives of this heli, fortunately it can be replaced for about $20 (heli only, no remote). Look for SKU: 127661

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections