DX » Community » Reviews » Digital Utility AC Power Consumption Monitor and Timer (AC 220V 10A)
  • 5 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 12% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cool AC Power Meter

posted by spinron2 on 09/22/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Quite simply, this gadget lets you accurately measure how much electricity different appliances around your home consume. It is quite accurate at that.

These devices cost more than three times as much in Germany (Conrad).

Cons:

I can't read Chinese, and this device was made for the Chinese market. Most of the characters on the LCD are in Chinese, too, so it's hard to know what the mean.

The plug is also Chinese, so you will need one of those universal adapters that DX carries to plug it into the wall.

OtherThoughts:

Maybe DX could translate what different modes on the package mean?

I was able discern that one mode measures kWh (which is what I use all the time), how much time it has measured since being reset, and averages: kWh/h, and kWh/day and kWh/month (the day and month characters were Chinese :-). But there are other modes which I simply couldn't figure out.

Bottomline:

Great gadget if you want to measure how much power your devices really devour (it can be quite an elucidating experience, trust me). The device is more then usable even with its kWh counting mode, but it would a thousand-fold cooler if a basic English instruction sheet were included with the other data.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections