Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- The unit has the rigth size
- its pretty
- can read SD cards
- can read USB (pen-drive) devices
- has an line-in input
- can choose any frequence in the FM spectrum, in steps of 0.1 Mhz
- volume control
- comes whit a nice remote control
- with the remote you can also change equalization, volume, frequency and choose tracks by number
- display is pretty and shows usefull information
- shows the track name, when running from SD or USB
- remembers playing track
- good built quality
- good sound quality, considering that it's FM
- reads files in folders
- when reading from USB, with a Travel Drive, makes an thinny 'click' at each access. You hear it in your car speakers
- did not work with SKU 2708, but it seems that the problem is whit SKU 2708 itself.
- the cable provided to use whith the line in should be longer.
- FM transmition may suffer interferrences, like from high-voltage lines.
- output volume max level shoult be higher
- display is pretty small! should be twice the size (but so then wouldn't fit on such a small unit)
- plastic that covers the display reflects light, so it's even harder to read it.
- remembers playing track. ok! but it always start from the beginning of the track (not a problem for me!).
- remembers playing track, part 2: remembers the number of the file being played, if you're was listening to file number six and chance memory card, it starts reading from file number six on the new card.
- I could not figure out what kind of sequence it uses when numbering files! maybe sequence that files were copied to memory card.
- reads files in folders, but you cannot navigate or choose folders.
- does not have a "power" button.
- had some problems with VBR mp3 files: plays with wrong speed, like and old deck using an very cheap tape.
after 6 weeks of use, I was very very satisfied! but...
a few minutes after starting playing, the MP3 starts to play too fast, like playing and 33 RPM LP at 78 RPM. Got this problem only with SD cards, not with USB.
But all of this is now past, cause last week the unit went dead! no display, no sound, no FM signal!
Time of ownership: 2 months.
Too expensive to send it back to China, to get a replacement.
The product is great, if you remember that FM transmition has it's own limitations.
Mine is broken, after only 6 weeks of use.
Maybe I buy another one, expecting better luck then.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.