DX » Community » Reviews » 8-in-1 RJ45/1394/USB/Firewire Computer Network Cable Tester
  • 5 star 3 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bysedsberg on 10/15/2013

Simple to use. Easy to read. Can test many different cable types. Great for home and hobby users. Flimsy build quality. Battery compartement too big. I put in something to wedge the battery tight. That made the case crack open. Propably won't last very long in professional use. It's also quite large. It won't fit in your pocket. The manual is in chinese ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byeduardopat94 on 11/13/2010

I tested with a few cables and found it worked okay - Takes only a single 9v battery - firewire 400, usb, and ethernet tester awesome - Cables slide in properly without getting jammed. The plastic feels very cheap and light - Mine didn't come with a nice leather case like some of the others Ive seen. - It's the ugliest thing in my toolbox - it didn'... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysixcha on 09/21/2010

Works great. I tested some network cables, haven't tried others yet. The LEDs light up one wire at a time (2 LEDs, one at each end), so you can easily tell which wire is the defective one. A little chunky, about the size of a paperback novel - a little longer, but also narrower and thinner, so... I want to use my tools more, but I have no more wire ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byThaDuck on 10/23/2009

- Very good priced. Not as expensive as the 'real' ones on the market normally - Testing is being done very quick - Testing is very adequate - Connectors are very solid - No jamming - You just need a nine volt battery to get it working - Leds are very clear - Feels a little cheap - The place of the battery is a little to big. You can use a little bit ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycompactman on 10/17/2008

- I tested with a few cables and found it worked okay - Takes only a single 9v battery - firewire 400, usb, and ethernet tester awesome - Cables slide in properly without getting jammed. - The plastic feels very cheap and light - Mine didn't come with a nice leather case like some of the others Ive seen. - It's the ugliest thing in my toolbox - it didn'... Read more

1 0
  • posted bywins65 on 06/18/2008

Utilizzo molto semplice. Una volta lanciato il test va in automatico ed in autoripetizione. In questo modo è possibile testare un cablaggio anche da soli. Qualità costruttiva non proprio delle migliori. Esegue solo un semplice test di continuità. Complessivamente utile per una diagnosi sommaria dell'integrità dei cablaggi. Non &#... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections