DX » Community » Reviews » IR Remote Controlled AC Outlet for Appliances (220V)
  • 5 star 29 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 29 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great little device

posted by dscordia on 03/16/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Works just as described. Very sensitive IR receiver. Very hackable, see bottomline.

Cons:

Probably not up to UL or CE certification, ungrounded (ground plug on front surface is not connected), US plug only.

OtherThoughts:

Instructions to learn and erase IR codes are detailed here - many thanks to OP: http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.520046

Bottomline:

I took mine apart to use as a general purpose DIY IR switch (low voltage only, not as an outlet switch). I made it into a remote controlled PC power button. To do this, remove the voltage regulator in the lower right corner of the pcb and the relay in the upper left corner, run 5v and ground into the appropriate contacts where the VR was. The left bottom contact where the relay used to be connects to ground when the IR circuit switches on. You can connect the hot lead of a PC's power switch to this contact and the PC will turn on/off when you activate+deactivate the IR switch.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections