DX » Community » Reviews » IR Remote Controlled AC Outlet for Appliances (220V)
  • 5 star 29 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 29 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Simple Usefull Efficient

posted by CyberAlex on 11/10/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

As explained, just plug it in and press the "train" button while pressing ANY button on ANY remote control! So I am using the TV's remote control. It's very usefull, for example, for switching power to a lamp located behind a furniture or in a narrow area.

I am planning to use the "Flat to Round Power Plug Convertor" (see item number 3529), as I am in Paris, France.

Cons:

- Of course, it could be "European" by default, instead of US. Let's bet that when the demand will be enough, then the manufacturer and / or DX will follow.

OtherThoughts:

- It's kind of a cool geek gadget, as people do not expect you to switch off the light with the TV remote control!

- It could be sold in a package with a "Flat to Round Power Plug Convertor" (3529).

- I am sure DX would sell a lot for Xmas, as it could be used to switch off all those lights some people put in their flat for Santa's celebration and decorating.

Bottomline:

Something so cheap, simple, and usefull, should be sold in every shop here in France! It allows to lazy Frenchmen like me to save electrical power (and the World too... whithout any cheerleader interfering) by being able to access remotely any electrical appliance.

Because, as everyone knows, the less power we use, the better our future might be.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections