• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works great!

posted by DJManoloco on 12/15/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Works just as advertised. I currently have my room lamp connected to this device. My lamp is about 12-15ft away from my bed and I can turn off the light with no problem, even with some minor interference from grocery bags and backpack in the way. I use my Harmony remote, however this device works basically with any IR remote. My wife uses the Phillips television remote to control this device. Very easy to teach the device to learn a command. Hold the black button on the device, wait until it blinks, press a button on the remote (which is pointing to the device) so it learns the command, and then you get one final blink and your done!

Cons:

Really can't think of none. The price is great. I'm fairly sure if Home Depot carries anything evenr remotely similar it will cost me 15-20 dolalrs more.

OtherThoughts:

Only problem to report is that I ordered two of these. One for my room and the other for the X-mas tree. The one for the tree doesn't work and I already created a help ticket for Deal Extreme to report this matter. Deal Extreme has been helpful in the past and I'm sure this will be no exception.

Bottomline:

Buying a clapper came to mind but it would be too disruptive since we have a newborn in the room. Besides people are fairly easily amazed when you demonstrate that your remote can control the light within your home. I might buy a couple more of these for Xmas gifts. If mildly interested or unsure I still recommend a purchase. You will not be dissatisfied.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections