Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Hard to install

posted by partwish031 on 04/12/2013
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's ok for this price. It does not feel very cheap but still, feels a little bit cheap. I did not have any problems, I did not lose connection with wireless controller and that i s big plus. It looks nice, it's not ugly and lenght of the cord is optimal.

Cons:

It,s not plug and play. Biggest problem is driver CD, it's not working at all. You can't install drivers but of course there is a solution as always.

OtherThoughts:

Installing is hard if there is no one to tell you have to do it. You have to google it, and I'm gonna tell you have to install it.

1. Download MS drivers from here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows

2.Install them

3. Connect receiver

4. Windows will tell you that you got unknown device

5.Go to device manager (control panel)

6. Find Unknown device and click on Update Driver Software (right click)

7. Select “Browse my computer for driver software”

8. Select “Let me pick from a list of devices drivers on my computer”.

9.From the list, select “Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class” and click “Next”.

10. From the list, select “Xbox 360 Controller For Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [13.08.2009]” and click “Next

11. Click “Yes” when the “Update Driver Warning” dialogue box is displayed

12. You are ready to go :)

Bottomline:

It's cheap, it's working and I will recommend it to anybody who can follow my steps above. If you can't follw the steps, buy original one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections