• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Much better than expected!

posted by 321321 on 11/06/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Seems to have an Edison (now Edixon) KLC8 emitter mounted on a star inside. Quite bright for its size. Nice beam pattern. Has a wide bright hotspot - great for closeup tasks like repairing things or walking around. The angle of the light is adjustable in 5 steps (0° to 90°)

Cons:

Build quality is sub par and there are dirt and scratches on the lens. Heatsinking is only the star but should be ok unless using it with Lithium batteries. Smelly button (and I guess not very health-friendly). So be sure to cover that button with some tape. Even your finger smells after pushing the button several times.

OtherThoughts:

Draws 100mA on low, 200mA on high and 33mA when running the small red LED. Is modable. Use a screwdriver between battery compartment and housing to open that thing.

Bottomline:

Don't care if its watertight. Much brighter than expected. Great for closeup tasks because of the fairly wide beam. I used it more often than I thought I would.

Go get one for your toolbox!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections