DX » Community » Reviews » BAOFENG UV5R 1.5" LCD 5W 136~174MHz / 400~520MHz Dual Band Walkie Talkie w/ 1-LED Flashlight (Black)
  • 5 star 41 ( 76% )
  • 4 star 13 ( 24% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bySSMungur on 07/09/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Good product for the money. If you're getting into HAM radios and you don't know if you'll like it yet then this is a good way to keep you from spending, or wasting, a lot of money but keep in mind that you are getting what you pay for. So far it looks like it's built p... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykemakoz on 07/05/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It is a product that surprised me pleasantly, not the other have won the title of best amateur radio of 2013. high quality materials, $40 - good price! value for money. Good radio. Analogues of this radio is not found. Not expensive. Reliable instrument that wel... Read more

0 0
  • posted byavrbernt on 07/04/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good modulation. Good audio. Good battery. Light weight and small formfactor HT. Output power seems comparable to more expensive radios. Easily programmable via kenwood-to-serial cable with programs like Chirp. Cons:Included antenna is not all that good. Gets... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjjstb on 06/07/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It is a product that surprised me pleasantly, not the other have won the title of best amateur radio of 2013. An incredible team, robust, high quality materials, impeccable reception (working with 2 local repeaters, and working frequency), friendly menu, thoughtful acce... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjjstb on 06/07/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good radio. Analogues of this radio is not found. Not expensive. Reliable instrument that well assembled. Antenna is removed, the battery is charging. Lights 3 levels, 2 channel observations together. It is full of subtone they are programmed. A lot of settings you can... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRodrigoPoblete on 05/28/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It is a product that surprised me pleasantly, not the other have won the title of best amateur radio of 2013. An incredible team, robust, high quality materials, impeccable reception (working with 2 local repeaters, and working frequency), friendly menu, thought... Read more

0 0
  • posted byqper38 on 05/15/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:high quality materials, $40 - good price! value for money, in Russia, you can listen to police negotiations, negotiations Railways employees, etc. Cons:weak antenna, need to order an additional antenna and battery OtherThoughts:value for money, need to order a... Read more

0 1
  • posted byDaijus on 05/14/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:I live in the Netherlands where i use this radio as a scanner. Very easy to program using the programming cable (sku 297334) and the free chirp software. Radio feels solid and is smaller the what i expected. Cons:Design of the keypad, the "0" is besides the &quo... Read more

2 0
  • posted byRamyrezzz on 05/05/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Easy to set up the frequency of the Walkie Talkie Easy to lock it. Easy to unlock the Walkie Talkie. strong plastic, good battery... the battery does not run out if not used for weeks. Cons:Do not know yet, the menu is pretty complex and complicated.. don't kn... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhardtobegod on 04/02/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:user friendly solid materials very powerful around 7 km distance in city and 12-15 km in mountains Cons:keyboard signs could be erased in 1 year, better to use with case original headset is very low cost, but could be replaced by any kenwood type headsets OtherThoughts:... Read more

3 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections