Very good perfect Good product Great product Satisfied
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cool radio - cheap price

posted by 123ziggy on 08/02/2012
    17 1

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Low cost, good sound, small size, dual band (2m/440) I can afford to buy this without saving up for several months. If it gets lost, stolen or dies I'm not out a lot. It has most of the functions I'm interested in. It sounds good and takes fairly easy to find accessories. At this price both my wife and I can afford to have them (she's a ham operator too). These would be great as incentives for kids (think scouts etc) to get their licenses.

Have to wait for it to come from Hong Kong! Some have reported some RF issues (poor image rejection, low sensitivity, desensing in the presence of other RF, etc...) but I haven't had opportunity to see evidence of these. Programming is weird. The only way to really program it easily is with software and a usb cable (usually sold separately). Manual is in chinese with very limited english translation

Just recognize this for what it is, don't blame it for what it isn't. Here is a decent HT radio for ham use that costs little more than an FRS or GMRS unit. Don't expect it to be an ICOM or a Kenwood.

Great Price, small size, good sound. Sold!

Post comment

DX Everywhere