• 5 star 81 ( 74% )
  • 4 star 27 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Very good perfect Positive Very Good service Perfeito para contatos em repetidoras
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cool radio - cheap price

posted by 123ziggy on 08/02/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Low cost, good sound, small size, dual band (2m/440) I can afford to buy this without saving up for several months. If it gets lost, stolen or dies I'm not out a lot. It has most of the functions I'm interested in. It sounds good and takes fairly easy to find accessories. At this price both my wife and I can afford to have them (she's a ham operator too). These would be great as incentives for kids (think scouts etc) to get their licenses.

Cons:

Have to wait for it to come from Hong Kong! Some have reported some RF issues (poor image rejection, low sensitivity, desensing in the presence of other RF, etc...) but I haven't had opportunity to see evidence of these. Programming is weird. The only way to really program it easily is with software and a usb cable (usually sold separately). Manual is in chinese with very limited english translation

OtherThoughts:

Just recognize this for what it is, don't blame it for what it isn't. Here is a decent HT radio for ham use that costs little more than an FRS or GMRS unit. Don't expect it to be an ICOM or a Kenwood.

Bottomline:

Great Price, small size, good sound. Sold!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections