DX » Community » Reviews » Foldable Wireless Bluetooth V3.0 66-KEY QWERTY Keyboard - Black
  • 5 star 1 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Portable

posted by Mortaric on 10/20/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I've tested this out on the blackberry Playbook, iPhone 3GS and iPad 2.0. It works on all three. The speciality keys only work on the Apple products.

The individual keys are silicone and a bit mushy, but they all work well. It takes a little getting used to the layout of the keys, but i find it faster than typing on the virtual keyboard on my electronic devices.

I don't use it a whole lot, but it has held a charge for a month now. it is quick to respond when i'm typing. i like that the virtual keyboard stays hidden when the bluetooth keyboard is in use. Being able to use the arrow keys to move around through a message is nice too.

The construction seems quite good, i think it will last a long time.

Cons:

The lock mechanism across the top meant to keep the keyboard in an open position; is ineffective. I picked this keyboard over the almost identical one that has no lock to try the lock feature. It's a weak plastic switch that would break with almost no effort. If you use this keyboard on your lap it will fold a little in on itself (20 degrees or so), even with the lock on. On a flat surface it's great.

The little stand that comes with it is crap, poorly designed and virtually useless. It's too weak to hold a tablet and to slippery to have my iphone stay leaned against it without sliding down.

OtherThoughts:

When it is folded it is only slightly longer than my iphone and about 50% wider and 50% lighter.

It's not as nice to type on as the non-folding keyboards with hard plastic keys, but it is WAY more portable and travel friendly.

Bottomline:

I recommend it, and I'm typing with it right now.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections