DX » Community » Reviews » MCSAITE RF USB Wireless Slim Keyboard with Track/Touch Pad
  • 5 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Way too expensive for what you get

posted by wizbone on 02/24/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is a very small and light keyboard. It has a thin profile and I appreciate the minimalist design.

Windows Vista detected the new hardware and set it up without a hitch.

The range seems alright, as I've used it at a 10 foot distance without any issues.

The keys have good feedback in my opinion, but this is a matter of personal preference.

Cons:

Don't expect to use this for anything productive. The key layout is terrible and a chore to get used to, and while this is typical of most mini keyboards, I've never encountered one I had so much trouble getting used to.

The mouse on this keyboard is a tiny touchpad -- which I was looking forward to using. Unfortunately it is very inaccurate and you'll find your mouse cursor jumping about the screen as you try to click on links and things. Very irritating.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

DealExtreme typically sells products for much less than you could buy in a local retail store. In this case, I wouldn't bother buying this. The extra money you might spend on a decent keyboard locally will be well worth it.

After paying $60 for this keyboard, I'm extremely disappointed. As far as I'm concerned, this isn't worth more than $20, maybe $30. It's just junk.

On the other hand, if you have $60 to waste and don't mind your cursor bouncing all over your screen like an epileptic, then this is the product for you.

I'm going to go have a cigarette now that I'm done typing this review with this horrible and frustrating keyboard.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections