• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Elegant in it's simplicity

posted by sonix1 on 10/17/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very simple to set up. Zip ties and double-sided sticky tape hold the transmitter onto the fork, zip ties & sticky tape hold the screen onto the handlebars, and a single phillips screw holds the magnet in place. Two buttons keeps things simple. Once you program in your wheel circumference, and time of day you're ready to go. One button to cycle through display options - easy!

Cons:

No mention in item description that the wireless transmitter uses a battery. I have no idea what size that is (like a short AA?) - I don't know how i'd find a replacement for this oddball size. We'll see how long it lasts.

OtherThoughts:

Hard to beat the price - local cost is at least triple for a comparable product. Wireless means to extra wire to snag or get caught - but also another battery to replace. Consider this before purchasing.

Bottomline:

Great product, has all the features you need (avg speed, trip distance, etc), installs in <5mins, light weight, easy to use.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections