Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cable for Apple laptop display

posted by bblem on 01/06/2013
    3 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The cable was easy to use, just plugged it in to the laptop mini display port and connected it to the HDMI input on the TV. It fit perfectly on the TV and the laptop. I used my Apple MacBook Air and the video display features were great when I viewed my desktop on the TV. I used it to watch movies and there was no time delay. Overall I would rate the video features as excellent.

Cons:

The sound did not work on the TV. I don't know why. I thought the cable would transmit the audio as well but it didn't. The product specifications mentioned that audio would work however it did not work for me. I am not sure whether other HDMI cables transmit sound as well, or whether I need another cable to transmit the sound. The product did not provide enough information, otherwise I would have purchased a different cable for the sound to work. This was very inconvenient as I had to use the sound from my laptop computer and I used max volume,but sometimes that wasn't good enough when you are watching a movie.

OtherThoughts:

Product should include other accessory options to enable the audio function or explain that audio might not work. It was disappointing when there was no sound from the TV.

Bottomline:

Overall the product is a good value compared to the cables you would buy at regular price. There is definitely substantial savings.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections