Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Surprisingly Good

posted by Raweth on 08/24/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I bought this based on the other review's i'd seen here, and can confirm it works WELL with both my Sunpak 383 Super and Canon 430EX. I've used it up to 10 or so meters away and have had no mis-fires... except: (see cons)

Cons:

The only mis-fires i've experienced have been tracked back to the mount of the radio trigger on the camera - it needs to be seated in the hot-shoe "Just right" - Slide it in firmly and screw down the collar to hold it there.
    No Instructions provided, so it feels like i was almost breaking the transmitter to check how to replace the 12v battery inside it, but using a plastic spatula to 'crack' it open hasn't left any visible marks and it's still holding together well.
    The receiver unit construction is solid enough, but not fantastic - just enough to hold the weight of the flash.

OtherThoughts:

Able to activate the transmitter with an optical slave. (SKY5 - SKU 2321)
    The transmitter appears to have an external socket for wired flash operation, but i haven't successfully tested it yet. will test with a multimeter when i get time.

Bottomline:

I would recommend this unit to others wanting to get their flash off camera cheaply, and am planning to get more of these (for the receivers). - DX -can the receivers be made available seperately?
    Overall: Very impressed.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections