Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• functional, if you can handle fixing :)

posted by mrtvykenny on 10/08/2008
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

it does, what it should, so creativity gets another level up. i shoot photos on parties and this is something i always wanted, original canon parts are way too expensive for me, so i'm so glad i could buy this for this very friendly price

Cons:

bild is really crappy and if you have no luck, you can destroy the device in 5 minutes. i tried this at home to know what to do... comes with no manual, just plain white box. first mystery was how to open the box to insert baterries without damaging the cover... with a bit of a luck and brute force everything went well, but it's just the first time, when you have no idea how the cover holds on the box..

ok, batteries inserted, flash is on.. everything worked, then i went to a test shooting to a party and it stopped working! :) after a while a found out that the metal hotshue mount is lacking one of tiny screws, which are keeping it on the plastic box... second screw was almost out also, so i put it into my pocket for later.

at home i realised that the hotshue is being held on the plasic box by 3 tiny (3mm) screws, so one was gone, one in my pocket, one survived.

i used (erm :) super-glue to get the screw working again, but the device stopped working.

the led was flashing when the signal was sent, but flash didnt shoot.

i disasembeld the hotshue ane found out that the contact between the hotshue metal part and the inside electronic is made by one wire which is just lying under the hotshue metal, no firm welding whatsoever..

so if you have problems with connection, it might be this wire not firmly enough touching the hotshue plate.

Bottomline:

good for its price, but i had to do some fixichn after just minutes of using it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections