DX » Community » Reviews » RC-5 Slim IR Shutter Remote for Canon Digital Cameras
  • 5 star 19 ( 79% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 21% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byIrHurtsNess on 01/24/2014

- Does what it should. - Good range. - Very good price. - Sturdy. - Small and light. - Doesn't stink. - Actually looks quite good. - Reliable. - Very convenient! I can't think of any. This is a very simple device that does just what you expect it to, and well. Just leave this one in your camera pouch and you'll be glad you have it when you need it. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMMozart on 06/14/2013

Good build quality for small amount of money. Excellent in terms of price and ease of use. It's small and suits in smallest pocket of you camera bag. Warm recommendation for this remote controller. Really no complaints. I'm using it with my Canon 550d and it works like a charm. Since it is very cheap you can buy it whether you need it right now or not.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byknowonethefirst on 05/22/2013

Yongnuo is a very good brand. It's an original product. Comes with battery and a box. Big, easy to use, one button push. Has only a two seconds shutter delay. RC6 remotes have another switch to change modes between immediate release and 2 seconds delay. The RC5 doesn't - it's not very useful if you want to shoot moving objects using remote. I suggest ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLebeziatnikov on 02/17/2013

Do what it is designed for. A great product for remote shutting. Small, light, good range and 100% compatibility with canon T2i and T4i. Made with plastic but doesn't looks cheap to me. I think that I can keep this shutter for many years without problems. I tested the range for about 4m and worked very well, I believe that nobody will have problems ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynamienot on 02/11/2013

Works flawlessly on my Canon 4i. None This is a great little remote. I was a bit worried that the low price could be an indication that it might not work. I was wrong. This little device is absolutely wonderful. The range is great and once your camera is set up, these no need to run like a maniac to jump into a picture. I was pleasantly surprised to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrago1974 on 01/09/2013

Small and Use full item, tested it today with 2 Canon camera's at the same time and both the camera's auto focus en make a picture. I found that realy cool A ready to Use attached keyring would be nice, so that I can attached it to my Camera backpack. Now I'm afraid I'll loose it just because it's so small and light It was a shame that it arrived with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySteve616 on 12/29/2012

Cheap Small Well built Easy to use Easy to store Looks just like the Canon R5 remote control. No instruction manual. Took a while to figure out which setting to use it on With a Canon 550D it on with only works on the 2 second timer setting. Besides that this is great value for money and is now an integral part of my camera gear This is as cheap as ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycircuitmaster on 11/30/2012

Everything! It's doing what it should do, it's build-quality is REALY good. Looks just like the original one. Came in a very good looking little box. Price is awesome as well. It 500% cheaper than the original one and doing exactly the same thing :D It works perfekt with a Canon EOS 550D (Rebel T2i)! Nothing. Realy. Can't think of any! It's the same ... Read more

Canon Shutter Remote
    0 0
  • posted byShamray on 08/02/2012

* Good packege (include battarey) * Stable work with distance 5m and more in night. * Work like Standart Canon RC-5 but price is lower * Good build quality * Long battarey life (more than 6 mounth). * No cons. Everything is fine. * On daylight the work distance is lower than 5 meters. Very good remote. I use this remote to shooting stars in nigth sky ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byyuriser on 01/25/2012

-Awesome build quality; -You can use it from really far (as long as you point it right); -Very small but powerful ; -Looks tough; -It is not ugly; -Can't see any, really!!!!! -Would be good if it comes with a small bag or similar, it's kind of difficult to keep this on sight because of the size -If you are intended to take pictures from yourself using ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections