DX » Community » Reviews » TrustFire TR-801 Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650)
  • 5 star 37 ( 66% )
  • 4 star 19 ( 34% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byElultimo9 on 03/05/2014

It has a excellent quality, more even the other torchs i adquired. Nice duration of the batteries, much more than 14500. Nice brightness. None. The r5 led is a little brighter than the q5, but the q5 is still a good led and has the best combination Brightness-Duration. I recommend to use on bicycle handlebar or in your hands to good dissipation. Do ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydjltoronto1 on 10/27/2013

Best size of any 18650 light. This one is the shortest and smallest diameter I found that uses 1 single 18650 battery. the quality is great, it's anodized, not painted, so it's much more durable. The tail switch clicky works very well, and instantaneously. The switch does not appear to be a weak spot as in many other lights in DX None found. I suppose ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFinmale on 07/11/2013

Small and cheap, durable body, bright light. I have bought 11 pcs since March 2009 and two of those have broken during these years. In both cases it was the power circuit. I bought and installed a new circuit with 3 modes so they are working again and have high, mid and low modes. Ofcourse it took more time to change to circuit than it would take to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byThomasR099 on 06/01/2013

Very nice torch/flashlight for the money, surface finish is nice and uniform; the led is bright and machining tolerances seem quite reasonable. O-rings present to get some weather sealing At first, because of the anodizing, the light doesn't work well, you need to sand the threads a bit to get good contact between the switch and the body. Once you do ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysanteri000 on 05/06/2013

Very bright for it's size, I'm very impressed. Small size, it's a genuine pocket sized torch. Good sturdy build quality. Takes Protected 18650's. wrist strap. Doesn't get hot when using long times. One mode is enough for this size lamp. Nobony needs strobo and sos. Nice aluminum frame. Batteries last very long. Cannot really fault a 12.00 torch that ... Read more

underwater testing
    2 0
  • posted byfuzz2050 on 01/27/2013

This might be the nicest make flashlight I've bought from DX. It has a good, solid feel, and seems like it will stand the test of time well. Even my Fenix lights don't all have such a nice heft. It's also plenty bright and has a decent beam pattern. None really that I can think of, this flashlight is bright, durable and compact, all of which are positives.... Read more

1 0
  • posted byTxCharlie on 01/04/2013

Compact (easily fits in a shirt pocket), attractive, very bright, single 18650 3.7v rechargable cell, withstands abuse and dropping, glow-in-the-dark switch cap, brightness seems to be fairly well regulated. None I can think of. I've had many LED flashlights. This is one of the best for general purpose use. I have some that are brighter, but they're ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrcolom on 01/04/2013

This is a flashlight with a very good quality, no the usual DX quality. It's made with metal, not plastic, and it's very sturdy. Pieces are strong and fit perfectly. The on/off button is also made of quality materials. The light it emits is very strong, and it reaches very well above 60 or more meters. With one 18650 battery it stays on at full power ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byGmanNL on 12/30/2012

Great little flashlight to always have it in your car, backpack or survival/emergency kit. It's light, it's slim, it fits perfectly in your hand. Battery lasts forever it seems. The glowing button is a nice extra. It's as basic as they come: Only 1 mode, on/off only, no low/high power setting. No focus possibility. It gets warm in like 5 minutes, they ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bympsaren on 07/26/2012

Marvelous lamp for bicycle or other purposes. Robust metal chasing and water resistant seals for use it in rain. Quality of build is very very good and sealing fits well. Very long operation time with one charge. Extremely good lamp light! Requires special power cell and charger, but if you have these already there is no reason to buy this lamp. Good ... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections