Customer’s impression:
Very good
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great price, only the essential features

posted by qupada on 06/28/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Bright flashlight with no unnecessary annoying modes

No problem so far with batteries jamming (used TrustFire 2400mAh sku 5776)

O-rings at all important joins (lens/reflector to lamp, lamp to body, body to tail/switch) and all the threads are well cut. Haven't tested if it's actually waterproof yet.

Glow in the dark switch

Cons:

Almost perfectly round, it will not stay put on sloped surfaces.

Started flickering after a couple of weeks, I took some sandpaper to the positive contact and it hasn't done it since.

Switch is only momentary off, this doesn't make a lot of sense. Doesn't affect using the light much though.

Not a flashlight for modders. everything is soldered, glued, or otherwise stuck in permanently (or permanently enough that I'd worry about breaking things getting them out).

OtherThoughts:

Mine is a grey-green colour, looks a little different to the photo. Either there is a colour lottery or it's just hard to tell in pictures. No complaints either way.

The lamp heatsinking seems to be fairly effective. The LED is thermal-expoxied to its mount (the visible silver section of the flashlight between the reflector and body), conduction of heat to the aluminium body is fairly good (gets noticably warm in use, good sign it's doing its job). I can't determine what metal the LED mount is made from, but it's too heavy to be more Al.

Would be nice to get a look at what's on the other side of the circuit board that has the positive battery terminal on it, but it's stuck firmly in place, not going anywhere soon.

Bottomline:

It's not perfect, but the price is right and the construction is solid.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections