DX » Community » Reviews » TrustFire TR-801 Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650)
  • 5 star 35 ( 65% )
  • 4 star 19 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A Good Light ... With Issues

posted by BrorJace on 08/02/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Bright light ... really nice workmanship. Looking this light over, it would not surprise me it was made by Romisen. The fit 'n finish are THAT good. I love the stainless steel band and the front threads, they are a nice touch.

Very compact for a light taking a 18650 cell. Can't imagine lights more compact than this with the same power source.

Cons:

One REALLY big con, here: The light would not fire reliably when I got it. I tried all kinds of things: wiping the silicone lube off the threads, overtightening the light and even removing some of the anodizing from the threads. Eventually I got it to work ... but what a hassle! It's a shame, too, because this is a very attractive design with excellent fit n' finish.

OtherThoughts:

Light is not that much brighter than good P4 lights out there.

GITD tail switch looks good.

Bottomline:

Buy it ... but only if you are prepared to really work it over to get it to function. Once I did so, I was able to get it to produce a nice, bright beam (like a slightly over-clocked P4) without flicker.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections