Customer’s impression:
Satisfied
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good replacement.

posted by samuelprados on 06/08/2010
    4 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It fits perfectly and work flawlessly! Cheap! I'm definitely going to buy more, since i use them a lot in fixing ps2 systems.

Cons:

The original PS2 laser unit is a cheap and weak piece of hardware, and i don't believe this one is any better.

OtherThoughts:

It will work on any PS2 Slim since SCPH 70000 series onwards, EXCEPT the ones that came with philips laser units SPU3170. Howhever this is a relatively rare version, but better check this before taking the risk of wasting money on a part that wont fit your system.

Bottomline:

ATTENTION NEWBIES: Always remember to remove the protective solder before installing or it WONT WORK!!! I've read some complaints in the forum, people saying they bought some units and none worked; i surely wouldn't trust my life to these laser units, but i also doubt many of them can come defective at the same time... it seems unlikely... so, always remember to check to remove that solder gob before saying it didn't worked. I've made a small picture of what solder to remove in a PS2 laser unit, the link is here:

http://imgur.com/b6lrK.jpg

Enjoy!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections