• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Better than the original Arduino!

posted by ILOROMERO on 10/24/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This is a clone of the Arduino Duemilanove, it is well assembled with high quality components and offers several enhancements not available in the original Arduino. It has on board 2.54 grid male pin headers an power for all PWM and Analog pins and offers the ability to add an optional 3V3 power regulator for applications that require higher currents than those supported by the FT232RL chip. The power rails include additional capacitors for increased stability. The board has abundant and clear labels on both sides with an amazing level of detail.

Cons:

I design and assemble my own boards and I can say that this is really a well designed and well built board, it is hard to find any problems. The only thing I would have done differently is the color of the leds. I like red and green on the tx and rx lines, I like white or blue on power and yellow on pin 9, instead this board has green on both tx,rx and red on both power and pin 9. But it is not important because it is really a matter of preferences and I am kind of a purist.

OtherThoughts:

With this board you probably will not need a sensor shield, since you have already most of the pins you need to drive your servos and interact with your sensors. This is actually very handy and is a feature you can find only in other more expensive clone boards like the freaduino.

Bottomline:

I own several Arduinos both original Italian and clones. You cannot get better value and better quality for this price. Thank you DX for bringing this great board!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections