There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best torch I have ever had

posted by HouseofStrauss on 07/30/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I was concerned about this travelling well to the UK. However, It arrived very well packaged in jiffy bag and paper wrap. On unpacking the torch was found in perfect unmarked condition. Fitted new trustfire battery and it worked straightaway. The torch is beautifully finished in what I assume is black anodized aluminium. It is fairly heavy and appears very solid in construction and materials. There were no signs of cheap workmanship or finishing, all the threads and seals were correct and well aligned. Battery fitted perfectly without slop and shake. In use I found good positive controls in the clicky switch an dan intelligent memory effect that kept the last used setting when switched on again. The light output is fantastic, for this size of torch and has an excellent balance of spot throw and flood spill. It gets warm after 10 mins, but nothing uncomfortable.

Cons:

So far very little. If I had to say something it would be a generic complaint about the clicky switch on the tailcap. These are really not user friendly, unless you hold the torch 'like a dagger' and the thumb rests over the tailcap. If you hold the torch 'like a stick', you need the other hand to reach the switch. Another small gripe is the weight balance, that is slightly too heavy at the front end. Probably the finned heat sink.

OtherThoughts:

The torch is a fine example of good LED engineering, efficiency and compact design. I am really delighted with it and can't wait till nightime to throw that light sabre round the houses and garden. It's a fabulous torch with great features.

Bottomline:

You can't get a better torch for this price. It has 2 small issues with the switch and balance, but these are so minor compared with the brilliant light it delivers, good build quality and sheer fun of useing it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections