DX » Community » Reviews » PC Remote Controller w/ USB Wireless Receiver - Black
  • 5 star 7 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Awesome remote!

posted by xyanide1986 on 03/15/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

+Good range
    +non-directional (you don't have to point at it)
    +Mouse stick (not analog) and seperate buttons
    +4 customizable shortcuts for media
    +small and almost elegant
    +buttons feel sturdy enough
    +plug-and-play

Cons:

-Fullscreen button is not F11 so it doesn't work with all programs, no problems with video players.

OtherThoughts:

Alt+tab command is very fast, might be nice if it was slower but I don't mind at all. There is no creaking or cracking noises when I squeeze the remote so that's a sign of good construction. The plastic is a little flexible so I don't think it will break by falling from any height.
    It would be nice if there was a very small magnet on the inside of the receiver casing so you can stick it on the computer more easily. Out of the box you can't stick it down on anything.

Bottomline:

If you're looking for basic mouse+keyboard controls with media shortcuts in a small remote this is absolutely perfect. I think it outputs the same commands as keyboards for media so you will have zero issues with compatibility.
    If you want to sit on the couch and watch something you only really need this little guy It's the size of a mouse with the thickness of a smartphone, genius.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections