Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by Allebi on 07/09/2014

Pros: Must have asset for any project where you need to to detect movement. I've just tested it and should say: - Good quality - Good range - Works even better than expected - Price is really good as well - Easy to use with minimal guidance Cons: Well for this price, don't expect to much. I have weird data readings on long distances (>1m), a... Read more

Impression:;

0 0
  • posted by mrtwist3r on 07/08/2014

Pros: Great range and works right out of the box! You can use your favorite microprocessor with this device and it's really easy to setup and test. It's also insanely cheap! (I spent around 50 USD on a similar product made by parallax like 8 years ago. I still have it and it's got nothing on this one). Cons: Mounting holes could be better. Sinc... Read more

0 0
  • posted by romulopericles on 07/03/2014

Pros: Awesome solution for Arduino DIY projects. Cheap, really cheap, Good finishment, Compatible, Practical, Useful Cons: not at all OtherThoughts: Just small distances, between 0 and 50 cm Pretty easy to find routines and small projects on Arduino home page and instructables projects. Detects little objects as pencil, bots and nuts, ideal for... Read more

0 0
  • posted by myNextGen on 07/01/2014

Pros: This is a great product that had simplicity in mind when it was developed. Once you get around the initial overhead of setting it up (a learning overhead), its usage is plain and simple. The distance measurement is fairly accurate to the millimeters. I couldn't in fact determine if the difference in millimeters was my ruler measurement or... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Claudiu2014 on 06/21/2014

Pros: I've been very happy with this distance module. I'm just learning how to use a Arduino and this is a great product for the learning experience.Fairly acurate,cheap. Cons: I can't seem to find the datasheet,only came in a small anti-static bag, nothing more.It would be nice if dx.com had a section in the specifications for electronic devic... Read more

0 0
  • posted by steina89 on 06/16/2014

Pros: Very easy to use with the Arduino library, which you can download it here. https://code.google.com/p/arduino-new-ping/ This library is more accurate than the Parallax Ping library, and faster too. The circuit boad is small in size and easy enough to use female jumper headers or dupont calbes to connect the device to other hardware. There... Read more

2 0
  • posted by GreenTechNetwor on 05/28/2014

Pros: So far I've been very happy with this distance module. I'm just learning how to use a Arduino and this is a great product for the learning experience. It seems to be pretty accurate. Cons: The build quality seems a little iffy. The edges are sharp, and the soldering isn't the best, but for such a low price, it's not a huge deal. OtherThou... Read more

1 0
  • posted by lukas001 on 05/26/2014

Pros: -Works! Really well! -Good range -- very useful for all projects and great to detect movement -Great for robotics, you'll see this exact sensor used in most robotics Cons: -Size (It's pretty small but too big for tiny projects) -Not long range -Can be difficult to figure out pin management OtherThoughts: Can be difficult to figure out pin... Read more

1 0
  • posted by Doblede on 05/22/2014

Pros: Cheap, quite precise and really easy to use if you use Arduino. If you find the right sketch online, it will just plug and play. Cons: It is hard to find how it really works if you are not using Arduino, and a fast enough microcontroller is needed to get the values (it requires to count microseconds). A better way to acquire the data woul... Read more

0 0
  • posted by bentan24 on 05/15/2014

Pros: cheap, easy to use with arduino. small size allows flexibility. coding for using this sensor is available online (can find from google) Cons: it is able to detect about slightly more than 3m. it would be better if detection range is further. but for the price, its worth to have this product. OtherThoughts: good product. recommended! more... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections