Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byLeonardMtta on 07/30/2014

Pros. Nice gear, works fine on my arduino without any problem. Can sense obstacle from 20cm to 40cm. Very few sets to work. Light weight. Low consumption, noise free. Very nice overall looking and very cheap. Very good for obstacle avoidance or object sensing. Cons. Doesn`t sense tiny obstacles. Read more

Impression:Nice gear;

0 0
  • posted byAllebi on 07/09/2014

Must have asset for any project where you need to to detect movement. I've just tested it and should say: - Good quality - Good range - Works even better than expected - Price is really good as well - Easy to use with minimal guidance Well for this price, don't expect to much. I have weird data readings on long distances (>1m), although it still ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBermejado on 07/08/2014

It is easy to plug and configure with Arduino. Mine work at the first try. Simply search and donwload form the Internet the ultrasonic library DHT11 and one of the many examples on the internet. I have evaluated from 1 cm to 4 meters more or less and it seems work correctly. The sensor comes with a foam on the pins but some were a bit bended, and inside ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymrtwist3r on 07/08/2014

Great range and works right out of the box! You can use your favorite microprocessor with this device and it's really easy to setup and test. It's also insanely cheap! (I spent around 50 USD on a similar product made by parallax like 8 years ago. I still have it and it's got nothing on this one). Mounting holes could be better. Since there's only 2 ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byromulopericles on 07/03/2014

Awesome solution for Arduino DIY projects. Cheap, really cheap, Good finishment, Compatible, Practical, Useful not at all Just small distances, between 0 and 50 cm Pretty easy to find routines and small projects on Arduino home page and instructables projects. Detects little objects as pencil, bots and nuts, ideal for eye robot and measuring projects ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymyNextGen on 07/01/2014

This is a great product that had simplicity in mind when it was developed. Once you get around the initial overhead of setting it up (a learning overhead), its usage is plain and simple. The distance measurement is fairly accurate to the millimeters. I couldn't in fact determine if the difference in millimeters was my ruler measurement or if it was ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byClaudiu2014 on 06/21/2014

I've been very happy with this distance module. I'm just learning how to use a Arduino and this is a great product for the learning experience.Fairly acurate,cheap. I can't seem to find the datasheet,only came in a small anti-static bag, nothing more.It would be nice if dx.com had a section in the specifications for electronic devices to add the datasheets ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysteina89 on 06/16/2014

Very easy to use with the Arduino library, which you can download it here. https://code.google.com/p/arduino-new-ping/ This library is more accurate than the Parallax Ping library, and faster too. The circuit boad is small in size and easy enough to use female jumper headers or dupont calbes to connect the device to other hardware. There are 2 mounting ... Read more

2 0
  • posted byGreenTechNetwor on 05/28/2014

So far I've been very happy with this distance module. I'm just learning how to use a Arduino and this is a great product for the learning experience. It seems to be pretty accurate. The build quality seems a little iffy. The edges are sharp, and the soldering isn't the best, but for such a low price, it's not a huge deal. Detection range isn't super ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bylukas001 on 05/26/2014

-Works! Really well! -Good range -- very useful for all projects and great to detect movement -Great for robotics, you'll see this exact sensor used in most robotics -Size (It's pretty small but too big for tiny projects) -Not long range -Can be difficult to figure out pin management Can be difficult to figure out pin management, but just look it up ... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections