DX » Community » Reviews » DIY Micro USB 5-Pin Female SMT Socket Connector - Silver (20-Piece Pack)
  • 5 star 4 ( 80% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byekilachkoff on 06/08/2014

Looks well built and solid. Price is good. My batch arrived in good condition, no defects, no issues. The retention posts are quite minuscule, the majority of mechanical load is apllied to flanges soldered onto the board. So it may break off under extreme load — I have yet to see how long it lasts. Solder pad matches Molex 47589-0001 device. Indeed,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCruxoil on 05/20/2014

Same as what you get from the shelves but cheaper... take note on soldering.... use the sharpest point or tiniest point solder iron tip. Do dont over solder it as it may melt in and sip thru into the socket. This will cause failure in attaching the male unit and you have to redo and discard that over solder unit. None so far jus that you need a steady ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byborzum on 10/03/2013

It is easy to to solder, compliant, strong legs. DIY Micro USB 5-Pin Female SMT Socket Connector Among other things, the only suppliers who components have been available to date.It is easy enough to install, requires no additional tinning terminals. no cons. Soldering better low-melting solders with liquid flux.very good quality,plastic collar is made ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byclpalmer on 06/24/2013

- Works :) - Cheap price - Ordered two sets, and all 20 pieces in both sets were in great condition, with no bent leads or obvious defects Nothing major, that I have found. - Would be nice if there was PCB layout specs, but those can be created easily enough - As mentioned in a previous review, the leads are pretty short, so if you aren't PCB mounting ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byyrnkrn on 02/24/2013

These are standard microUSB SMD sockets. Not much to say here. I use microusb sockets as power sockets for rechargable devices I build. Previously I used another brand of microusb socket which has longer leads I can easily solder wires to. But this kind of microusb socket leads are tiny. Really tiny. It's nearly impossible to solder wires to the socket ... Read more

5 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections