• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• It has his drawbacks but works

posted by LordJano on 11/21/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Great quality building. Glossy and stylish finish, and the system is very tiny. Looks good along my TV.
    - ICS installed by default, with the market enabled, no hack needed. A fully android tablet experience in your TV
    - Comes preinstalled a good media player, that plays almost any file.
    - Very easy to install. Comes with an HDMI cable.
    - You can install a keyboard and mouse to improve the experience (in my case, i installed a bluetooth wireless mouse, with no problem at all (the SKU. 57452 one).

Cons:

- Sluggish and unresponsive performance sometimes in the menus. But no problem while playing MKVs HD. Clearly 512 Mb is insufficient

- Not so good Wi-Fi
    - The remote has a decent range, but i expect more.
    - No full screen Netflix.

OtherThoughts:

I bought these for Netflix streaming (for my kids). But there no are at the moment of this review a way to see Netflix in HD (the apk shows only SD streaming). In the net are some hacked Netflix that shows HD streams but not work in the MiniX.

Ah! The latest version of Netflix (in the Market) doesn't work! Keep that in mind if you plan to use this like a streaming device (the 1.8.1 apk, found on the net, works).

Bottomline:

A very solid construction, but some otherwise an inconsistent (and ocasionally unresponsive) experience. Plays well as a media player and streaming device, once you overcome the fact this is a "tablet OS" that works on a TV.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections