Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent Value

posted by 317537 on 08/30/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

*Loud.

*Decent bass you can feel - balanced nicely with trebles. In fact I can hear the sound quality improving even further as I am writing this review.

*No noticeable distortion at loud volume.

*Comfortable to wear while laying down - no need to compensate with hand - can see myself falling asleep with these in my ears.

*The three pair I purchased were supplied with second pairs of larger rubbers (as of Aug 2010).

Cons:

Compared to the great value "pros" of these earphones, I consider my "cons" to be pretty trivial:

*Silver jack (would have preferred gold - it's dificult to tell jack colour in the DX product photograph) - but I have rejected my other two pair of expensive branded earphones with gold jacks in favour of these.

*Cord is flexible of course, but wants to "remember" the way it was rolled up so I'm often inclined to play with it in an effort to straighten the cord and make it floppy (sorry - hard to explain).

*Cord thickness is better than some cheap model earphones I've had, but not as thick as I would have preferred.

*Cord not "rubber feel" (personal preference con).

*Not a big fan of the "j" cord (again, personal preference).

*Not marked with left or right ear.

*Paper filter fell off while changing the rubbers but made no difference to sound quality so is it a con?

OtherThoughts:

*I listen to a wide variety of music so have written my review having listened to "metal", "dance", and "acoustic" genres, in addition to video files, using these earphones.

*Not marked with left or right ear - longer side of the "j" is left ear, so the main cord will be on your right side.

*While no product specs are supplied here, these earphones appear to have a reasonable frequency response range with low impedence and awesome sensitivity - we're talking LOUD LOUD LOUD!

*It's always difficult to find earphones that are comfortable to wear while laying down - this is the pair to buy if that is what you are looking for.

*The three pair I purchased were supplied with a second pair of larger rubbers.

*Asthetics and construction material - The earphone part is silver metal. The pairs I received had fluro green in the decorative plastic ball, instead of the blue pictured (I didnt care what colour I received though). The plastic ball was attached securely. The plug, and the part where the cord changes from two to one, is a nice elec-blue metal.

Bottomline:

*These earphones are such great value - I'm very pleased with my purchase. If in doubt, don't hesitate to buy these!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections