DX » Community » Reviews » Keyes DIY 3-Color RGB SMD LED Module for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
  • 5 star 7 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjucko13 on 07/03/2014

This is a nice compact RGB led mounted on a pcb with mounting holes. The price is just perfect for such a bright rgb led. I blew up the green color on testing (I accidently put 5v on the led from the arduino. It can handle it but after a few seconds it just went off and broke). The colors are bright (maybe too bright) and mix well together. I removed ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byigorferoliver on 07/01/2014

It's bright and all three LEDs in it can be controlled separately. For example when using Arduino, it can be directly powered from the PWM pins with no extra components. The diodes also start emitting at quite low voltages, so there is good range for adjusting the brightness of each channel. he pins are not as described and i cant seem to get the green ... Read more

0 2
  • posted byrainerb on 02/07/2014

First you have to add a resistor when you connect to power! Then just switch the power on to see red, green blue (RGB) or a mix of all of them. You can use PWM to generate a lot of different shades of colors. Works for example with 5V DC power. Tested it with arduino. Very good quality of the printed circuit board. Attention: Please add a resistor when ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTaz8du29 on 09/25/2013

Very good product, works fine and fully compatible with the arduino Uno (of course it's only a led !). It isn't expensive for what it does, good and simply choice There is just two pins letters inverted : the R(ed) one is the Green led and the G(reen) pin powers the red led. when you know it it is not a problem ! If you want to test it You just have ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOdimljeno on 05/27/2013

- very bright light (almost too bright as it is hard to look at it directly) - works with Arduino (example on how to test it: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ColorCrossfader) - nice and compact PCB with SMD LED - good build quality - wrong pinout, print on PCB says RGB but it's infact RBG (not a very big issue) - needs additional resistors This is ... Read more

RGB LED front RGB LED back
    2 0
  • posted bynuwud on 04/03/2013

This DIY Arduino 3-Color RGB SMD LED Module is super bright! The colors it generates are really vibrant. I am having difficulties working with it it's so bright. I can't focus on my screen after looking at it to play with my Arduino sketches. I found it cheaper elsewhere after it arrived. The DIY Arduino 3-Color RGB SMD LED Module is a great tool to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymacomen on 01/24/2013

It works so thats a pro... its alo wery bright... my one does not light green and I do not know why but it is ok :) the pins are not as described and i cant seem to get the green one to light. I dont know maby its broken or it just does not work.. its ok thougt because I orderd it for testing purpuses... can be a nice add to any diy project if needed ... Read more

0 1
  • posted byGeeJiiZet on 12/14/2012

It's bright and all three LEDs in it can be controlled separately. For example when using Arduino, it can be directly powered from the PWM pins with no extra components. The diodes also start emitting at quite low voltages, so there is good range for adjusting the brightness of each channel. The different colors don't have equal voltage/brightness response.... Read more

1 0
  • posted byberserck on 07/19/2012

Ready to stick in your breadboard and start playing with it. Very bright light, and big dispersion angle. SMD LED and SMD is cool. pinout is wrong: - is cathode (OK) R is Blue (expected Red) G is Red (expected Green) B is Green (expected Blue) The individual LEDs are (relatively) far apart, so color mix is not ideal out of the box, although the LEDS ... Read more

4 0
  • posted byFreebs on 07/04/2012

- Nice and compact. - Nice build quality. - Very bright. - Easy to connect and to work with. - Works nicely with PWM control. None. works as advertized. There are no resistors mounted on the board. They are not needed of you are working with microprocessors like the Arduino. They work directly on the PWM output pins of the Arduino (3,3V). At 3,3V the ... Read more

7 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections