• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Efficient and flexible 1-9 LED 360mA

posted by randytan123 on 03/03/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

many reviews that I read said that this LED driver is very easy to modify to add more features.

For few months I was just using it to drive 1x 1 watt LED.

But then I tried to experiment if it can support more LED in series if the input voltage is increased.

To my surprise, it can light 9 LED successfully when I provided 32 V DC input. The current remained at 360mA through out the test with LED amount connected in series = 2 to 9.

Thanks to the warning from other reviewer, I noticed that the capacitor used is only rated at 25 V (output capacitor), so I ran the unit for just 10 seconds to avoid unnecessary trouble when I drove 8-9 LED (26V- 29.5V).

Cons:

none that I can think of or observe.

Be careful of the 25V rating of the capacitor, it may blow up the cap if you put voltage above 25 V for long period of time

OtherThoughts:

if you want to run this unit for long period of time above 25V, make sure you change the capacitor to 50V.

the PT4115 datasheet says that the absolute maximum input voltage is 45V, but recommended max operating voltage is 30V.

So be careful if you want to use the 40 volts mentioned on the title of this item

Bottomline:

very good in terms of price, performance and possible modification.

no regrets in buying them

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections