Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Best Driver I've found

posted by bls123 on 08/09/2013
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Small, lightweight and easy to modify for just about any use. Has very good current regulation that only varies 5-10ma at most over the total operating range. The units single resistor that sets the current level is easy to change. Input has a bridge rectifier so polarity independent and can be fed from either an AC or DC power source. Bridge rectifier diodes are easy to remove for greater efficiency when powering from a DC source. Uses a PT4115 chip. This makes the max input voltage 40VDC (or about 28V AC) so up to 10-11 LEDs in series can be powered (depending on which LEDs are used and the total LED voltage required of course). Input capacitor is only rated for 25V however so must be replaced for higher voltages.

Cons:

None (for me at least. Some have complained about the wires being too short, etc. but for my use I remove the wires, GU10 pins, bridge rectifier diodes and cut the board away where the diodes were to make it even smaller.

OtherThoughts:

Less expensive and a lot easier than building a current regulator from scratch. Exactly the same as 13553 and 13557 except for it's one resistor that sets the current level.

Bottomline:

I buy a number of which ever (13553, 13555 or 13557) is least expensive at the time for projects and simply replace the resistor when a different current level is needed.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections