DX » Community » Reviews » MR16 1*3W 650~700mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~24V Input)
  • 5 star 15 ( 83% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 17% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bypmatil on 08/29/2013

Cheap, has good quality MR16 pins, good silicone wires, small The input cap is useless. With the original cap I got 55 % efficacy with 2 blue leds and 12 V input (1 A output current). The inductor also gets quite hot. The dimming pin should maybe have soldering pad. Changing the cap to either good quality electrolytic or 10 µF ceramic got me 83... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybls123 on 08/09/2013

Small, lightweight and easy to modify for just about any use. Has very good current regulation that only varies 5-10ma at most over the total operating range. The units single resistor that sets the current level is easy to change. Input has a bridge rectifier so polarity independent and can be fed from either an AC or DC power source. Bridge rectifier ... Read more

5 0
  • posted byFabianKnapp87 on 03/18/2013

- PT4115 with standard wiring. - So it has capabilities for dimming - small - price is very nice - PT4115 is not useful for use them in parallel at the output. You can solder a wire to the DIM pin of the PT4115 and control it with PWM. It is also possible to reconfigure this wiring for 1,2A output (but change the SS14 with SS24 and better coil (coilcraft ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJondo76 on 01/19/2013

- Can handle many LEDs in series. - Good quality PCB - Efficiency is high, measured 96% (25 V input, 24V LED output) without rectifier. - Uses Rubycon japanese capacitor - Analog or PWM dimmable (if you can solder small things) - Reliable, I have been running them for thousands of hours. - Not 40V as specified, the chip can handle up to 30V and the ... Read more

2 0
  • posted byoinkwaste on 01/10/2013

PT4115 is a very versatile chip that can be supplied up to 30V. So considering you change the capacitor to something like 35V-50V, you can drive 7-8 3W leds with this beast. isnt it amazing? also the price you can get it is so cheap, it sometimes doesnt worth to make it yourself. In small quantities sourcing the PT4115 and the extra components can be ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byInfratuna on 10/24/2012

Building quality seems good. Does what promised and little more - it works with my bicycle dynamo which produce 6 V max. One of my GU10 230 V 3W led lamps driver broke down. I change this driver to the lamp and now I use it in my bicycle! It perfect cause it has rectifier and bicycle dynamos normally produce AC. I'm so excited :D If the product is good ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byal1alex on 10/07/2012

Small, very easy to use driver. Based on well-known PT4115 chip so it will be easy to change output current (up to 1.5A) or add dimming wire Works nice with 2 LEDs starting from 6.1VDC (with 5.55 V output)/ Can accept DC and AC - no problem with wrong polarity. Will be used for bike headlight. M16 legs too thick and solded on PCB surface. Broke one ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byphett on 06/04/2011

It works very well in a wide range of voltage. Can be dimmed with some small modification. Dim-Pin is not made available on the PCB, but its not that difficult to add a wire for dimming. I have only tested dimming with a PWM from an avr. Amazingly, when my small test-LED directly on the pwm-pin of my avr got brighter, the 3W-LED connected to the device ... Read more

2 0
  • posted bythecoolkidjoe on 05/16/2011

this thing is great i use it on my honda xr400 for the head light. i have 2 running on just the stator power and it does exactly what i want. the stater puts anywhere from about 9-15volts ac so i left the bridge in because i dont have any reason for rf signals. some cons of this product are that it gets hot but as long as you take and put it on a very ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byIceananas on 03/02/2011

- PowTech PT4115: extremely easy to mod for your own purpose: change the sense resistor to vary your average current, you can also add a potentiometer or PWN module to dim your LED :-O - Can handle AC and DC, I didnt remove the bridge rectifier for the case I have to use AC. Although the efficiency will suffer, its the better solution for me. - Wiiiiiide ... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections