DX » Community » Reviews » MR16 1*3W 650~700mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~24V Input)
  • 5 star 15 ( 88% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 12% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bypmatil on 08/29/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Cheap, has good quality MR16 pins, good silicone wires, small Cons:The input cap is useless. With the original cap I got 55 % efficacy with 2 blue leds and 12 V input (1 A output current). The inductor also gets quite hot. The dimming pin should maybe have sol... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybls123 on 08/09/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Small, lightweight and easy to modify for just about any use. Has very good current regulation that only varies 5-10ma at most over the total operating range. The units single resistor that sets the current level is easy to change. Input has a bridge rectifier... Read more

5 0
  • posted byFabianKnapp87 on 03/18/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- PT4115 with standard wiring. - So it has capabilities for dimming - small - price is very nice Cons:- PT4115 is not useful for use them in parallel at the output. OtherThoughts:You can solder a wire to the DIM pin of the PT4115 and control it with PWM. It is... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJondo76 on 01/19/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Can handle many LEDs in series. - Good quality PCB - Efficiency is high, measured 96% (25 V input, 24V LED output) without rectifier. - Uses Rubycon japanese capacitor - Analog or PWM dimmable (if you can solder small things) - Reliable, I have been running... Read more

2 0
  • posted byoinkwaste on 01/10/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:PT4115 is a very versatile chip that can be supplied up to 30V. So considering you change the capacitor to something like 35V-50V, you can drive 7-8 3W leds with this beast. isnt it amazing? also the price you can get it is so cheap, it sometimes doesnt worth... Read more

1 0
  • posted byInfratuna on 10/24/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Building quality seems good. Does what promised and little more - it works with my bicycle dynamo which produce 6 V max. One of my GU10 230 V 3W led lamps driver broke down. I change this driver to the lamp and now I use it in my bicycle! It perfect cause it has rectifier... Read more

0 0
  • posted byal1alex on 10/07/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Small, very easy to use driver. Based on well-known PT4115 chip so it will be easy to change output current (up to 1.5A) or add dimming wire Works nice with 2 LEDs starting from 6.1VDC (with 5.55 V output)/ Can accept DC and AC - no problem with wrong polarity.... Read more

1 0
  • posted byphett on 06/04/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It works very well in a wide range of voltage. Can be dimmed with some small modification. Cons:Dim-Pin is not made available on the PCB, but its not that difficult to add a wire for dimming. OtherThoughts:I have only tested dimming with a PWM from an avr. Amazingly, wh... Read more

2 0
  • posted bythecoolkidjoe on 05/16/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:this thing is great i use it on my honda xr400 for the head light. i have 2 running on just the stator power and it does exactly what i want. the stater puts anywhere from about 9-15volts ac so i left the bridge in because i dont have any reason for rf signals... Read more

1 0
  • posted byIceananas on 03/02/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- PowTech PT4115: extremely easy to mod for your own purpose: change the sense resistor to vary your average current, you can also add a potentiometer or PWN module to dim your LED :-O - Can handle AC and DC, I didnt remove the bridge rectifier for the case I ha... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections