Customer’s impression:
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very flexible PT4115 based driver. Easy to mod.

posted by desolder on 05/21/2010
    6 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Efficiency is fantastic! I measured 94% efficiency with 12VDC and 3 LED's, bypassing the bridge rectifier. As a consequence, it also stays very cool.

So easy to mod. I added a 1 ohm resistor to increase current to 770mA and also bypassed the bridge rectifier to improve efficiency a little. You can even piggy back a PWM circuit if you want, for external control and custom modes.

It's small, and you can even cut it smaller if you don't need the bridge rectifier.

There is no output capacitor. This may cause interference with nearby electronics. Add a 1uF capacitor across the output to reduce RF interference.

It's only ~80% efficient with one LED.

Input capacitor is only rated for 25V. DX claims 8 to 40V input. You will need to upgrade the capacitor for >25V.

If you are using this with 12VAC and 2 or 3 LED's, you need a bigger input capacitor in order to maintain full power. I recommend 330uF for 2 LED's, and 1000uF for 3 LEDs.

I'm using this with sku.15084 for a 3 LED bike light and it works great!

Post comment

DX Everywhere